The best air filters for cars or motorcycle is one of the elements that allows a vehicle to run properly, therefore, its maintenance or timely replacement depends on the optimal performance of the engine and its useful life. If you have decided to purchase an air filter, the Ramair Filters CC-296-UNI stands out among the most favorable options, since it has reducing rings, is made of foam and its inner cage is made of stainless steel. Another alternative that you can consider is the K&N 33-2763 model, a square-shaped flat filter, capable of contributing 50% more performance, which is reusable.
What Are The Best Performance Air Filters?
- Ramair Filters RPF-1233 – Replacement Panel Air Filter | Best Car Air Filter Brands
- Lamp 06113 AF-11 Sport Conical Filter | Best Engine Air Filters 2020
- K&N 33-2763 Car Air Filter | K&N Air Filter
- K&N RG-1002RD Universal Chrome Filter Car And Motorcycle | Epauto Air Filter
- Keenso Air Intake Filter Kit | Best Car Air Filter For Dusty Conditions
- Ramair Filters MR-006 Motorcycle Pod Air Filter | Best Air Filters For Cars
- Bosch F026400343 Air Filter Cartridge | Air Filter Cars8
- Mann Filter C 35 154 Filtro De Aire | Cabin Air Filters For Cars
If you need to change the air filter, whether of a motorcycle or car, you must ensure that the product you choose really provides the best service, to prevent the engine from being contaminated with impurities and thus ensure good performance with optimized power. For this reason, we recommend that you evaluate some alternatives that we present below, since, until now, they have been considered among the best air filters.
1. Ramair Filters RPF-1233 – Replacement Panel Air Filter
The manufacturer Ramair Filters presents a high flow air filter, identified with the reference RPF-1233, as a viable and recommended proposal among the majority, which could be qualified as the best air filter on the market. Its positioning is due to the fact that it incorporates a double layer of foam surface, which has the ability to increase the power of the engine. In addition, it is cone-shaped, which facilitates its attachment to its compartments. Measures 16 cm high, 23 cm long, and 16 cm wide.
It has a rubber polymer neck that incorporates 5 reduction rings of different sizes, 70, 76, 80, 85 and 90 mm each, so that it can adapt to the neck on the inside of the filter, which favors that it can be suitable for use in different types of vehicles. Its inner cage is made of T304 stainless steel, which gives it good resistance. Although this could be offered as the best air filter of the moment, it would be useful to find out on your own, by knowing its pros and cons.
- High Flow: You can increase power and go more mileage before requiring maintenance or replacement.
- Adaptable: It incorporates rings of different diameters, to adapt to intake pipes with different sizes.
- Less noise: It has the ability to reduce engine noise into consideration.
- Robustness: Its manufacture in stainless steel allows it to have greater durability.
- Compatibility: It is advisable to check the compatibility with the type of vehicle, as it may not suit some models.
2. Lamp 06113 AF-11 Sport Conical Filter
Among the best air filters of 2021 is model 06113 from the manufacturer Lampa. It is a high-flow, sporty, conical air filter whose use is universal, so it is indicated to prevent contamination, by retaining impurities that can access the intake circuits, for engines of different cars. It is made of strong plastic, which makes it resistant and corrosion-free. In addition, it is covered by a metal mesh that provides greater protection. Its height is 165 mm, while the diameter of its base measures 155 mm. For its part, the clamping diameter has a measurement that varies between 60 to 101 mm.
This air filter comes in a kit that incorporates several multi-purpose adapters of different diameters so that it can be securely attached to intake pipes of different sizes. Lampa is emerging as one of the manufacturers with the option to become the best brand of air filters. Here are some pros and cons of this filter.
- Compatibility: It is suitable for use in different car models since it is universal and has several measures.
- Adjustable: It is adjustable, as it incorporates the rubber adapter kit to fit pipes of different diameters.
- Resistant: It is made of high quality and resistant plastic, protected under a metal grid.
- Efficiency: Increases power, performance, and improves engine sounds, thanks to its entire structure.
- Homologation: This product is not homologated in some regions, so this aspect should be consulted before purchasing.
3. K&N 33-2763 Car Air Filter
If you don’t know what the best air filter is, you can get a positive answer by inquiring into the characteristics of the K&N air filter. It is a part that has the capacity to supply up to 50% more airflow, without restrictions and with great filtering power, which increases performance and, therefore, generates more power and acceleration. It is designed to protect the motor by keeping it free of dust and dirt. In addition, it is washable and reusable, as it is made with several layers of cotton, between sheets of wire cloth, with an oiled and pleated area.
In addition to the above, this air filter offers the advantage of being easy to install, since it does not require the use of many tools, nor a complex procedure to assemble it. In addition, the K&N brand offers a million-mile limited warranty backing. If, after knowing the characteristics of this proposal, there are still doubts about which air filter to buy, it would be convenient to review its pros and cons.
- Performance: Provides increased airflow, resulting in increased performance, power, and acceleration.
- Washable: It is designed with washable materials, although it does not require continuous cleaning.
- Durability: It has the ability to last much longer than conventional paper air filters.
- Ecological: It is washable and reusable, which reduces the amount of waste due to replacement.
- Limited Compatibility: Only compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volvo models.
4. K&N RG-1002RD Universal Chrome Filter Car And Motorcycle
The K&N air filter model 1002RD is another recommended option for those looking for a universal air filter, either for a car or motorcycle. It is a product whose ingenious design requires less maintenance, allowing you to travel approximately 50,000 miles before the first cleaning is necessary. In addition, it is designed to provide greater airflow, which increases power and acceleration. It also incorporates inserts that adapt to three different flange diameters. These inserts are made of an ultra-strong flexible and moldable rubber, capable of absorbing vibrations and favoring a more secure hold.
The K&N Conical Filter is washable and reusable. Its structure incorporates cotton gauze with metal edges and a chrome finish. It measures 16.2 cm high, 16.2 cm wide and 29.8 cm long, with a weight of around 900 g, so its handling is not complicated. To check if this product could be the one indicated, it would be necessary to consult the aspects it has for and against.
- Installation: Installation can be done quickly, just by following a few simple steps.
- Reusable: The structure can be washed and reused, although it will go many miles before requiring maintenance.
- Power: It is designed to increase the power and performance of the vehicle, due to the shape of its design.
- Adaptation: It achieves a good level of adaptation, by including the corresponding parts for its adjustment depending on the car model.
- Maintenance: To optimize its performance, it is advisable to carry out timely maintenance with cleaning and lubrication.
5. Keenso Air Intake Filter Kit
If you’re looking for a motorcycle air filter, Keenso proposes its clamp-on intake air filter kit, which helps to extract cooler air with proper filtration, optimizing throttle response and increasing the power of the engine. engine, while improving fuel consumption by preventing abrasive particles from entering the cylinders. It is washable, reusable, and is manufactured with high-quality materials that ensure greater efficiency, while making it resistant and durable, to take advantage of its benefits for a long time. The filter is made of micro cotton gauze, which can be washed with soap and water.
The flange has a strong and molded rubber, capable of absorbing vibrations and shocks. It can be easily installed in the intake pipe of most off-road motorcycles and adjusted if necessary. In case you want to delve deeper into the details in this article, it would be wise to take a look at its pros and cons.
- Induction: It has the ability to optimize the sound of the vehicle’s induction.
- Cleaning: It is made with micro cotton, which can be easily washed with soap and water.
- Greater flow: Facilitates the passage of a greater quantity of fresh and clean air to the engine, which increases its performance and prolongs its durability.
- Universal: It is compatible with most off-road motorcycles and ATV Quad Dirt Pit Bike.
- Adapter : In some cases, a carburetor adapter may be required to use this equipment efficiently.
6. Ramair Filters MR-006 Motorcycle Pod Air Filter
Another option that would be worth considering, by those looking for a motorcycle air filter, is the one suggested by the manufacturer Ramair Filters, identified as MR-006, which has the property of favoring access to a maximum flow of clean air throughout. moment and is capable of executing the filtration process with superior quality and efficiency. Ramair Filters’ MR-006 model is presented in black and is a complete filter that incorporates its respective clamp, to ensure a firm hold. The diameter of its inner neck measures 52 mm, a measure that adjusts to different sizes and makes it suitable for different motorcycles, including some racing ones.
It is composed of two complete layers of foam, which enhances its effect. Its approximate weight is 72.6 g, while its height, width, and length is 7.8 cm. In addition, its cleaning and maintenance can be done easily. If, after knowing the most relevant aspects of this filter, you still have doubts about whether it could be the appropriate one, you may convince yourself by analyzing its pros and cons.
- Fastening: It has a clamp to ensure that the filter is held more firmly.
- Construction: It is reinforced with a double layer of foam, which ensures greater efficiency.
- Adaptability: Its design allows it to fit different motorcycle models.
- Maintenance: It is easy to clean and can be properly maintained without compromising performance.
- Vehicles: It is necessary to check before the compatibility of this filter with some motorcycle models.
7. Bosch f026400343 Air Filter Cartridge
Among the cheap air filters, the model F026400343 stands out, from the renowned Bosch brand. This is a car air filter measuring 10.6 cm high, 5.3 cm long, and 6.1 cm wide, dimensions that make it suitable to fit some Dacia and Renault models. This Bosch air filter is characterized by its particular innovative design and by providing a long service life. It has the ability to remove impurities and all kinds of polluting particles that could enter the engine, thus ensuring optimized performance.
It is manufactured with high-quality materials that provide resistance and good performance during its operating time. In addition to this, this piece is impregnated with a special element, which makes the filtering system more resistant to some road chemicals, as well as moisture. The information regarding this air filter could be supplemented by inquiring between its advantages and disadvantages.
- Durable: It is designed to offer a long service life and is suitable for some Renault and Dacia models.
- Cleaning: It works effectively by removing impurities that could compromise engine performance.
- Manufacturing: It was manufactured with quality materials that ensure good performance, greater resistance and durability.
- Assembly: It can be installed easily, without requiring so many tools.
- Change: To ensure better performance, it is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding filter change time.
8. Mann Filter C 35 154 Filtro de Aire
Among the alternatives available today, the C35154 model from the manufacturer Mann Filter stands out, which can become the best air filter value for money. With a weight of 254 g, 7 cm high, 34.5 cm long, and 13.7 cm wide, this is a car air filter compatible with some models of the Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, and Skoda brands. It has the ability to allow the passage of clean intake air, which ensures a proper mixture of the air with the fuel, in the combustion chamber, resulting in higher engine performance, while providing maximum protection, as well as to all its components.
Due to its structure and design, it provides maximum filtration efficiency, with greater folding stability and less pressure drop during maintenance. It is characterized by being more robust and having a larger filtering surface, which allows better suction of dirt. This model is presented as one of the cheapest air filters. However, this does not detract from the quality. Here are some of its pros and cons.
- Safety: It offers maximum protection on all the elements of the engine, while guaranteeing safety during its operation.
- Efficiency: Filters pollutant particles more effectively and reduces pressure drop.
- Stability: Keeps the geometry of the folds stable and in optimal condition in any situation.
- Power: Ensures consistent engine power and performance with less wear.
- Models: It is advisable to verify their measurements and compatibility with the car model.
Air filters are essential parts of any vehicle, as they act as a barrier that prevents the entry of polluting particles that could impair the power and performance of the engine. To guarantee optimal vehicle performance and avoid subsequent failures related to this cause, it is important to know how to choose a suitable product. If you don’t know how to choose it, we recommend that you analyze this guide to buy the best air filter.
There are air filters suitable to adapt to a wide variety of vehicle models, so if you want to find a suitable one for your car or motorcycle, the most prudent thing would be to make a comparison of air filters that includes those of greatest interest, to evaluate its characteristics and determine if it would be appropriate, depending on the model.
Some of these parts are designed exclusively for a few models of cars and motorcycles of some brands, so it would be convenient to consult the list of compatible vehicles, according to the make, model, year, and type of engine. However, there are also other air filters whose use can be universal, which means that they can be adapted to any vehicle.
However, to have greater security, it is more advisable to orient yourself by the exact measurements of these pieces, to compare with what is needed, and choose accordingly.
Manufacture And Type
Among the wide variety of air filters available in the current market, they can be obtained from different materials of manufacture. Although they all claim to achieve the same task, there are some reasons that justify its usefulness and that could be more convenient for some than for others. This is also one of the characteristics that tend to influence when estimating how much an air filter costs.
These pieces, in general, are usually presented in cotton, paper, or foam. Cotton is more used for reusable air filters, as this material can be washed more frequently, although, in some cases, it may be necessary to grease them after cleaning, in order to retain dry particles.
The paper ones, meanwhile, are one of the most used, being disposable, efficient, and economical. Meanwhile, those made of foam, due to the porosity of their surface, allow a greater quantity of air to pass through and retain more waste.
Another of the most important aspects that should be taken into account, when choosing, is whether you want to have a disposable air filter or a reusable one would be preferable. Disposable air filters are designed to be replaced between 16,000 and 48,000 km, as this may vary by brand.
The reusable ones are considered high performance, since they do not require cleaning and maintenance, until after having traveled between 48,000 and 80,000 km.
When it comes to choosing an economical air filter, disposable ones are cheaper, but they require changing more frequently, which in the long run could represent a greater investment.
Reusable ones have a higher cost initially. However, afterward, they save money because, with proper maintenance, one could only last longer. However, you have to be careful and make sure that its filtration capacity is optimal and justifies its cost.
The different types of air filters come in varied designs that make them useful and adaptable for use with certain vehicle models. Among these, the conical-shaped filters stand out, a design that involves a greater volume of air in the intake system and usually produces adequate noise in the engine. There are also the circular ones, more common in old and carbureted vehicles. On the other hand, there are the rectangular ones, which are the most used in more recent generation vehicle models, which tend to travel on all roads. Among these, there are models whose installation can be done in a very simple way and with few tools.
Some air filters have an exclusive size and design, intended to suit specific vehicle models of some brands. However, there are also some that incorporate a set of rings of different sizes, which fit inside the neck of the filter and function as reducers so that it can adapt to intake pipes of different diameters. Some models of conical air filters are presented in kits that incorporate these adapter rings in up to 5 different sizes, with measurements ranging from 60 mm to 101 mm, and there are others with exact measurements of 70 mm, 76, 85, and 90 mm.
-Frequently Asked Questions-
How to install an air filter?
The installation of an air filter may vary depending on the type of filter and its brand, as each model has precise instructions and recommendations. However, in general, it is a quick and easy procedure to perform. To do this, you must locate, under the hood, on the engine, or to the side, the air filter housing, which must have a protruding hose.
The box must be opened and the old filter removed, which may require the use of some tools to remove the bolts, nuts, and clamps. To continue, the case must be opened, the fasteners removed, the upper part of the case removed, and finally, the air filter removed.
To continue, the new filter must be placed inside the box, making sure that the rubber ring is facing upwards. Finally, the housing must be replaced and the fasteners secured.
How to clean the air filter?
To clean the air filter, the first thing to do is locate the box where it is located and remove it from there. To begin cleaning, it is necessary to shake it carefully, so that it removes the thickest remains of accumulated dirt.
Cleaning can be completed with the use of a vacuum cleaner. In the same way, it is convenient to vacuum the inside of the box where the filter is placed. To remove more impurities in this area, it can be wiped with a cloth or paper on the surfaces, without rubbing.
What if the air filter is dirty?
A dirty air filter has a direct effect on the performance of the engine, as this accumulation of dirt would reduce its power and, therefore, would mean a higher fuel consumption, as it had to be forced more to run. This, in addition, would influence the vehicle to produce and emit a greater amount of pollution.
The failure of the engine due to a blockage by a dirty filter also has negative effects on other mechanical parts that, together, could represent worse damage, which could seriously compromise the useful life of the vehicle, since the car would be more prone to suffer breakdowns and breakdowns more frequently.
Every how many kilometer is the air filter changed?
The air filter should be changed at least every 15,000 kilometers or once a year. However, some environmental and weather conditions are likely to influence the performance of the air filter, so it may be necessary to change it ahead of time or meet the estimated kilometer limit.
Where is the air filter on a motorcycle?
The location of the air filter on a motorcycle can vary, as this generally depends on the type of motorcycle. In some models, the air filter may be located at the bottom of the motorcycle’s fuel tank. Meanwhile, on some newer motorcycle models, the air filter area is on the side.
Which is better, a plastic or metal frame air filter?
These two types of filters have a similar function, which could be useful in either case. However, it is something that will depend directly on the choice and preferences of each user, who may have their own reasons for choosing one or the other type.
However, although both are built-in materials that must guarantee stability and resistance, air filters with a metal frame suppose greater resistance and durability, since this is a stronger stainless material than plastic and also has the property of being more tolerant to high temperatures.
What is a high-flow air filter for?
A high-flow air filter is used to keep out more pollutant dust residues, solid particles and oxygen molecules, in order to offer greater protection to the engine and its parts.
These filters have the ability to allow a greater flow of clean, fresh air to enter the engine. This air, free of impurities, favors greater efficiency in combustion. Thus, the fuel obtains the ability to supply a greater force to the vehicle, which translates into an increase in the engine power and, therefore, could improve and increase its performance up to 80,000 kilometers.