We have collected and reviewed different models to end up choosing five that could be the best espresso machine.
They are some of the most popular models on the market and have very positive user reviews. But at the end of the day, only you can find the best among all the coffee machines out there. Our website is undoubtedly a beginning and an end to finding the one that perfectly suits your needs.
First of all, we did a survey of our blog readers to see which were in their opinion the best espresso machine they had bought. The result was:
What Is The Best Coffee Maker Under $200?
- Delonghi EC685.M DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine Coffee Maker | Best Coffee Maker Under $200
- KRUPS Kaffeem. XN 3005 Pixie Nespres Ti | Best Cheap Coffee Maker
- Delonghi Inissia Nespresso Black EN80B | Best Coffee Maker Under 200 Dollars
1. Delonghi EC685.M DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine Coffee Maker
The machine heats up fast in the morning and it only takes about 30 seconds from power on to make restaurant-quality espresso. The coffee is deliciously smooth and strong, and the crema is excellent! The powerful and efficient steaming tube heats up enough milk to make a cup of cappuccino in less than a minute.
If to choose your best espresso machine you are looking for little dirt and that it is not difficult for you to know that, unlike other models, the steam nozzle is removable, which facilitates cleaning. Some users have commented that there are some downsides to the EC820B. We have compiled all the opinions and come to the conclusion that there are three main problems but also solutions.
1) The water seems to leak a bit from the overflow hole, below the drip tray.
User Tips: Remove the drip tray and you may find a water overflow hole. Clean it regularly to make sure there is no debris that could potentially block the hole.
2) You have to wait for the machine to cool down if you want to make a coffee right after dispensing the steam. The reason is that both the hot steam and the coffee dispenser share the same heating system.
User Tips: To avoid this problem, brew your coffee in this order: always brew your coffee first, then use the steam dispenser.
3) The instructions are confusing. Many users have expressed that the instruction book is totally useless. Fortunately, the machine is not difficult to use. You will have to use it a couple of times at first with trial and error. Once you get used to it, it is very easy.
For those who like to make two cups of espresso at the same time, this best coffee maker under 200 dollars comes with three interchangeable filters (for one or two cups, or with ESE capsules).
It also comes equipped with a cup warmer on top and a removable drip tray.
You have analyzed the DeLonghi EC 680 in full. One of the most sold this year and one of the most highly valued by users.
- Lights up fast
- It gives you an excellent coffee with cream
- Removable steam nozzle for easy cleaning
- Powerful steam pipe
- Lime build-up can cause leaks
- The instruction book is useless
2. KRUPS Kaffeem. XN 3005 Pixie Nespres Ti
From power on and through heating, it takes about 30 seconds. Brewing the coffee is even faster. And the coffee is just amazing. Nespresso offers a wide selection of coffees.
You can choose coffee pods of many types based on strength (from weakest (2) to strongest 12) and flavors (woody, spicy, fruity, roasted, citrus, sweet, or vineyard). You will have to experiment with each flavor to find the one you like best. The 19 bar pressure extracts more flavor from the coffee capsules and also gives it a creamy and aromatic consistency.
If you want to make cappuccino or coffee with milk, you can choose more colors and versions of the Nespresso Pixie, in which the price goes about € 20 up or down. You can also buy the Aerocinno accessory, it is a milk foam machine that makes the foam for the cappuccino. Just pour in the milk and hit the start button. It stops as soon as the milk foam is ready.
Please note: You can see the Nespresso Pixie in detail in our review. Of the Nespresso coffee machines, it is one of the best sellers and favorites.
- It is easy to use and clean
- Makes quick coffee
- Automatic switch-off
- Low water level indicator light
- Large selection of coffees (based on strength and flavor)
- Capsules are limited to coffee only (no chocolate, peach tea, etc. option)
- The cup holder is not large enough for large cups
3. Delonghi Inissia Nespresso Black EN80B
In addition to that funky shape, the chrome finish on the drip tray and pod container gives the machine a sleek, shiny look.
The best thing about the Inissia is the ease of use – everything is easy with this machine. It’s easy to make a coffee, all you need to do is press a button, wait a minute for the machine to heat up, then insert a capsule, and finally pull the lever to start or stop brewing the coffee.
Making cappuccino is also easy, it is something that the best espresso machine has to have. In the Dolce Gusto Melody 3, you just have to put the coffee in the capsule and dispense half a cup of coffee. Then return the milk capsule and dispense the other half. The whole process only takes about 20 seconds and you make a cup of creamy cappuccino.
Nescafé capsules come in a wide range of varieties and they are not limited to just plain espresso. You can choose between espresso, lungo, chocolate, choco caramel, iced peach tea, iced cappuccino, and much more!
The cleaning is very easy with this machine because it does not do much mess. The water tank is removable, so it is easy to fill it with water or clean it. The drip tray only requires a few strokes with the cloth to clean it.
- It is easy to use and clean
- Makes quick coffee
- Options to make hot or cold drinks
- Great variety of drinks. (Tea, hot chocolate, etc.)
- Lack of milk frother
These are the best. Personally, I would go from option 1 to 5 in order for sure the quality-price you want. In my case, I have tried them all but I understand that for the price it can be difficult.
However, there are people who are very fixed on a particular brand. In this case, there is no need to worry because we have also compared the best coffee maker for under 200 dollars for each brand.