If you’re in the market for a new coffee maker, you’ve come to the right place! My name is Clara and I keep this blog on which I share all kinds of advice on the passion that has been with me since I was little: coffee. I’ll be your guide for the next few minutes and I will help you find the best coffee maker ever!
Which Is The Best Automatic Coffee Maker With Grinder & Best Filter Coffee Makers
- Delonghi Super-Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine || Best Coffee Maker In The World
- Gaggia Anima Prestige Automatic Coffee Machine || Best Coffee Maker With Grinder
- ECAM21.110B BLACK EXPRESS || Best Coffee Machine
- Melitta Fully Automatic Coffee Maker || Best Coffee Maker With Grinder
- Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker || Best Filter Coffee Makers
- Philips Hd 7546/20 || Best Pour Over Coffee Maker
Automatic Coffee Makers With Grinder
Automatic coffee makers are the most premium models on the market due to the multitude of features they offer and the variety of drinks they are capable of making. They are sold between 250 and 300 euros for the most basic machines, not very customizable, and up to around 1000 euros for advanced coffee makers, super-automatic and configurable to measure. Automatic coffee makers have the notable feature of being generally equipped with a grain grinder, an essential element for purists who like to taste grain by the cup!
1. Delonghi Super-Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine
The Delonghi ECAM55.510.M PrimaDonna Rystiling is an extremely versatile coffee machine that will allow you to brew a wide variety of coffees and milk drinks. It is suitable for both pre-ground coffee and coffee beans as it has an integrated grinder with a capacity of 250 grams. The water tank can accommodate 1.8 liters.
Thanks to the touch buttons, you can customize the drink of your choice and the number of cups to be prepared simultaneously. The Primadonna Rystiling is capable of preparing 8 different kinds of drinks: coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato, espresso, lungo, hot water, hot milk, cappuccino +. It should be noted that the pressure of 15 bars is absolutely fantastic for the preparation of delicious espresso. Boiling water supply also makes it possible to prepare tea or infusions.
What is more, this coffee maker has the particularity of being able to be connected by Bluetooth to your smartphone via an application called Coffee Link. You can personalize and save the settings for your favorite drinks right on your phone.
Let us now detail the main characteristics of this automatic coffee machine:
- Grinder adjustment: The grinding of the coffee beans can be adjusted in 13 steps, from coarse to extra-fine grind.
- Adjustment of the drink length: you have the choice between 4 preset drink lengths, with a fifth customizable length.
- Temperature adjustment: the temperature of the drinks is adjustable in 4 positions, from warm to very hot.
- Adjustment of the intensity of the aromas: it is possible to choose from 5 degrees of intensity of the pre-configured aromas, plus a sixth customizable to taste.
- Automatic shutdown: Even automatic shutdown can be adjusted to your needs by choosing to turn off the machine after 15, 30, 60, 120, or 180 minutes of inactivity.
- Remote control: by activating the BlueTooth mode, the machine can be connected to the Coffee Link app and can be controlled remotely via a smartphone.
In terms of maintenance, the maintenance of this coffee maker is very simple as most of the cleaning operations are automated. For example, before and after each preparation, the machine performs an automatic rinsing. When it comes to descaling operations, the Delonghi ECAM55.510.M PrimaDonna Rystiling signals the right time to perform them. The cleaning of removable components (drip tray, a water tank, and waste container) can be done by hand or in the dishwasher.
2. Gaggia Anima Prestige Automatic Coffee Machine
The Gaggia RI8762 is another high-end model that ranks among the best automatic coffee makers on the market. You can choose to use already ground coffee or coffee beans since this machine is equipped with a ceramic grinder that overhangs the bean container with a capacity of 250 grams. It is possible to control the fineness of the grind in 5 degrees.
In terms of choice of drinks, the Gaggia RI8762 coffee maker can prepare 7 different drinks, namely espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, café au lait, americano, and milk froth. All with a pressure of 15 bars, an ideal value for the preparation of tasty coffees. The water tank can hold 1.8 liters while the milk tank can hold 260ml.
Let us now examine in detail the main features of this automatic coffee maker:
- Grinder adjustment: as mentioned previously, it is possible to define the desired grind size by choosing from 5 options.
- Adjusting the length of the cup: it is possible to configure the desired cup length using the control buttons.
- Automatic preparation of cappuccinos: this feature automates the preparation of milk froth.
- Control of aroma intensity: you will have a choice between 5 aroma intensities.
- Temperature control: it is possible to set the temperature of the drink to 3 different values.
- Save settings: your preferences can be stored.
- Rapid heating: this feature speeds up the heating cycle of the water in the tank, i.e. about twenty seconds after starting the machine.
- Thermoblock function: this control maintains a constant temperature for all preparations.
In terms of cleaning, the Gaggia RI8762 machine performs automatic rinsing cycles to remove coffee residues before and after each preparation. In addition, Gaggia provides an anti-lime filter which, according to the manufacturer, guarantees the preparation of 5,000 cups of coffee before it needs to be replaced. The need to start an automatic descaling operation is signaled by an indicator light that appears on the main screen. It is also very practical to be able to put the various removable elements in the dishwasher, with the exception of the internal block which must be cleaned by hand.
3. ECAM21.110B BLACK ESPRES.DELON
The De’Longhi Magnifica S ECAM21.110.B is an automatic coffee machine more rudimentary than the other two coffee makers presented above. However, it enjoys an excellent quality/price ratio, which is why I wanted to present it to you.
This automatic coffee machine is equipped with a bean container with a capacity of 250 grams and can work either with coffee beans or with already ground coffee powder. In addition to the espresso delivered at a pressure of 15 bars, the De’Longhi Magnifica S ECAM21.110.B also makes it possible to produce a soft milk froth for the preparation of a cappuccino or a macchiato and to deliver hot water for the preparation of tea or herbal teas. It turns out to be a versatile coffee machine able to satisfy the most varied tastes.
Let’s take a look at the main specificities of this automatic coffee maker:
- Grinder adjustment: the fineness of the grind can be set according to 13 different parameters.
- Memorizing preferences: it is possible to save the cup length, the intensity of the taste, and the desired temperature.
- Spout Height Adjustment: This feature is useful for accommodating cups or glasses of different heights.
- Automatic shutdown: this function is used to set the time before the machine stops. This avoids wasting energy.
As for cleaning and maintenance, they do not require too much work. After each preparation, the coffee grounds automatically fall into the collection container, which must be emptied after every 14 preparations. The De’Longhi Magnifica S ECAM21.110.B is also equipped with automatic rinsing programs. The water tank and the drip tray can be taken apart for cleaning. Finally, a filter is provided so that the water is softer and limescale cannot form. When descaling is necessary, it is indicated on the machine by a light.
Filter Coffee Makers
Filter coffee makers are undoubtedly the most common coffee machines in French houses. They are highly prized for their ease of use and volume of production. Just load the tank with ground coffee, freshly ground if possible, add water, insert a filter, and you’re done. As long as you choose the right coffee, filter coffee makers are capable of delivering very high-quality drinks.
1. Melitta Fully Automatic Coffee Maker
With its chic design, the Melitta Aromafresh is a very high-end filter coffee maker with a multitude of features allowing you to personalize your drinks. To my knowledge, it is the best filter coffee maker!
A rare thing for a filter coffee maker, the Melitta Aromafresh has a built-in grinder that guarantees you a delicious cup obtained from freshly ground coffee beans. You can adjust the fineness of the grind to 3 values according to your habits. It is also possible to use pre-ground coffee without using the grinder. What’s more, the coffee strength is adjustable to your liking – whether it’s a light, moderate or strong coffee – thanks to a feature called AromaSelector.
The transparent water tank with a capacity of 1.25 liters gives the possibility of dispensing up to 10 cups of coffee. In addition, you have the option of setting the keeping warm time for 20, 40 or 60 minutes. At the end of the programmed time, the coffee maker will switch off automatically.
Finally, the Melitta Aromafresh coffee maker is programmable! It allows you to enjoy your coffee at the time you set it. It’s perfect for getting off on the right foot with a piping hot mug waiting for you. Regarding maintenance, the removable parts – the filter holder, the bean container, and the blades of the grinder – are dishwasher safe.
2. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
With its coating of an intense copper color and touches of stainless steel, the Cuisinart coffee maker imposes it. This elegant filter coffee maker is capable of brewing up to 14 cups thanks to its water tank with a capacity of 1.8 liters. Using the blue digital screen, you can program the number of cups you plan to drink (up to 24 hours in advance).
The Cuisinart is distinguished by its so-called “shower” technology. This technology distributes the water evenly over the ground coffee to completely cover it and improve flavor extraction. Most importantly, prepare delicious cups of coffee!
If you often need more than one cup to start the day off right, you’ll love the Warming Plate. This hotplate keeps the jug at the right temperature for up to 40 minutes; so you can serve yourself a second cup without having to reheat the coffee maker.
As for maintenance, be aware that the removable filter holder should be cleaned by hand, preferably according to the manufacturer. Just rinse it under running tap water after each use.
3. Philips Hd 7546/20
With its clean metallic design, the Philips HD7546 / 20 filter coffee maker is the ideal solution for people who demand coffee quality and want an easy-to-use machine. To put it simply, Philips doesn’t make junk.
One of the most remarkable features of the Philips HD7546 / 20 is the fact that it has an insulated stainless steel jug, not glass, which makes it immune to thermal breaks. I don’t know if you’ve ever had the very unpleasant experience of seeing your glass jug shattering because the water was too cold, but it’s quite confusing.
Besides its great strength, the stainless steel jug also keeps your coffee nice and hot for hours. Keep in mind that this filter coffee maker does not have a hotplate because it is not necessary; your coffee will stay hot for a long time after it has been brewed, without boiling or having an altered taste.
Quality too, because the Philips HD7546 / 20 produces wonderful cups. The Dutch manufacturer has found the ideal water pressure and the latter allows the finest flavors to be extracted from the coffee. Simplicity in addition, because the coffee tank and the water tank, with a capacity of 1.2 liters, are very easy to fill with precision. The only downside is that cleaning the jug and the various removable parts should ideally be done by hand.