Making an espresso comparable to that from a professional pressure machine is often more difficult to achieve with domestic espresso machines. Most, in fact, are unable to recreate what makes espresso so special, that is to say, the cream, this light brown foam that results from the perfect balance between the quality and the grind of the coffee, the temperature. of water and pressure.
Nevertheless, the best Italian coffee makers (Moka) have a coffee extraction ratio similar to that of espresso machines. Depending on the coffee used, these coffee makers can produce the same foam as espresso machines. This article presents a selection of 5 Italian induction coffee makers and explains how to prepare coffee with these machines of yesteryear.
What Is The Best Italian Coffee Machine?
- Bialetti Moka Induction Espresso Maker | Italian Coffee Machine Professional
- Bialetti Kitty Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel | Best Espresso Machine
- Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker | Best Italian Coffee Makers
- Bialetti Venus Espresso Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel | Italian Espresso Maker
- BONVIVO Intenca Stovetop Espresso Maker | Commercial Italian Coffee Machine
1. Bialetti Moka Induction Espresso Maker
The famous Moka Express, renowned around the world for its ease of use, its refined design, and the pronounced aromas of its coffee, can now be used on induction hobs. The Bialetti Moka Induction will delight all coffee lovers who dreamed of tasting the famous Moka coffee.
Anthracite gray, this Italian coffee maker has kept the elegance of its ancestor by adding a grain of modernity. The clean lines of its stainless steel tank will charm design aficionados. The classic aluminum carafe keeps its unique shape, is easy to use and wash by hand. An anti-scald silicone handle and safety valve really make this an ideal coffee maker.
2. Bialetti Kitty Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel
Si le Gris anthracite de la Moka Induction ne Vous séduit pas, ou si Vous n’êtes simplement pas emballé par son design Classique, Optez pour la Bialetti Kitty qui offre un design plus moderne. But the Kitty cannot be reduced to its appearance. Made of stainless steel, provided with an anti-scalding silicone handle, equipped with a safety valve, it is in every way a high-end coffee maker. It can hold up to 10 Italian cups (50 cl), can be used on all hobs, including induction hobs, and can be machine washed.
3. Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
In accordance with its line of conduct, Bialetti has designed a coffee maker of undeniable elegance, with harmonious and refined shapes. A style that will not leave anyone indifferent at coffee time! Designed in 18/10 stainless steel, a practical, resistant, unalterable material that does not oxidize over time, the Bialetti Venus is compatible with induction hobs. But form is nothing without substance, and the transalpine brand is well aware of this.
Equipped with a safety valve and an anti-drip spout, compatible with dishwashers and all hobs, induction included, the Bialetti Venus coffee maker has all the assets necessary for our comfort. In addition, its practical design, thanks to its ergonomic handle, ensures a secure hold while the valve is easy to inspect and clean.
Finally, know that this Italian coffee maker is available in 4 versions: 2 cups, 4 cups, 6 cups, or 10 cups.
4. Bialetti Venus Espresso Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel
Elegant, the Rossetto Italian coffee maker is made of shiny stainless steel, stainless, and very resistant. As a bonus, it is compatible with all hobs including induction. Its ergonomics make it consistent with the shape of the hand and ensure an easy grip during opening or closing.
In addition, its handle, in bakelite coated with a thermoplastic resin, allows a safe grip to avoid any risk of burns during service. In terms of maintenance, it is not clear whether the coffee maker is dishwasher safe. If in doubt, favor cleaning by hand.
To avoid spoiling anything, the Rossetto is available in 3 sizes: 4 cups, 6 cups, or 10 cups.
5. BONVIVO Intenca Stovetop Espresso Maker
The BonVivo Intenca coffee maker is made of stainless steel with a chrome finish that adds a touch of elegance. It allows you to prepare up to 6 cups of espresso regardless of your type of stove, whether it works on gas, electricity, whether it has ceramic or induction hobs. In addition, this Italian coffee maker and its robust ergonomic handle are resistant to high temperatures.
Note that the model is available in 2 colors. The only downside is the price, which is about twice that of a Bialetti coffee maker.
How To Use An Italian Induction Coffee Maker?
The different brands of Italian induction coffee makers differ in size, material, and price, but almost all work on the same principle.
Since the Italian coffee maker should be used to its full capacity, you should purchase the correct size.
Follow these steps to brew coffee with an Italian induction coffee maker:
- Fill the lower compartment with cold water to the bottom of the rivet (or to the desired level for a large model).
- Fill the filter with very fine, dark roast ground coffee, using the back of a spoon to remove air pockets.
- Always fill the filter to the top (or to the desired level for a large model). The coffee should be lightly packed and have no empty spaces. This retains the water in the grind longer and prevents the coffee from being too watery.
- Use your finger to remove the smallest particles of coffee outside the filter, and place it above the lower compartment.
- Screw the two parts of the coffee maker very firmly, keeping the lower compartment straight to prevent water from entering the coffee too soon.
- Place the coffee maker on the induction hob over low to medium heat. When the water begins to boil, the steam pushes the water through the filter and the coffee.
- Immediately lower the heat: if the heat is too high, the water passes too quickly and the coffee tends to be acidic and watery.
- When almost all of the water has left the lower compartment, the “bubbling” sound becomes irregular and it is at this precise moment that the best Italian coffee makers must be removed from the plate. Wait for this bubbling to stop before serving.