The Saeco HD8917/48 is an automatic coffee machine with integrated grinder in an ergonomic design for particularly easy everyday use. Its small size allows it to fit easily into any kitchen. This article details the main characteristics of this best saeco coffee machine.
Which Saeco Espresso Machine Is The Best?
- Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine | Best Saeco Coffee Machine
Saeco Incanto Carafe Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Now let’s take a look at the structural features of this coffee maker. Although automatic coffee machines are inherently bulky, the dimensions of the Saeco HD8917/48 are not excessive: its height is approximately 43 cm, its depth of 34 cm, and its width of 22 cm for a total weight of 7 kg. The water tank has a standard capacity of 1.8 liters, the grain tank of 250 grams while the milk tank offers a volume of 260 ml. The coffee grounds container has a capacity of approximately 15 preparations and can be removed and washed in the dishwasher, as are the other reservoirs and the drip tray.
The first factor to consider when choosing an automatic coffee machine that best meets your needs is the number and type of drinks that can be made.
In the case of the Saeco HD8917/48, it will be possible to prepare 7 drinks:
- Café long
- Milk with coffee
- Coffee with milk
- American coffee
- Milk froth.
For coffee drinks, you can choose to use already ground coffee or beans as this machine is equipped with a ceramic grinder. The degree of grinding can be adjusted in 5 levels.
Another thing to note about the drinks is that the pressure is around 15 bar, which is an ideal value for making delicious espresso.
Automatic coffee machines always come with several built-in functions and this coffee maker is no exception.
Let’s take a quick look at all the customization features available:
- Bean mill adjustment: as indicated previously, it is possible to adjust the degree of grinding by choosing from 5 options.
- Coffee length adjustment: using the settings it is possible to customize the desired coffee length
- Automatic cappuccino: the preparation of the milk froth is fully automated.
- Adjustment of the aroma intensity: in this case, we also have the choice among 5 levels of aroma intensity.
- Temperature regulation: 3 different temperature levels can be chosen.
- User memory: you can save your preferred settings.
- Rapid heating boiler: the water in the tank is heated very quickly, approximately 20 seconds after switching on the machine.
- Thermoblock function: this function allows you to maintain a constant temperature for all preparations.
In terms of maintenance, it is worth noting that Philips provides a scale filter which, according to the manufacturer, guarantees the preparation of 5000 cups of coffee before you have to replace it.
The descaling operation is performed automatically: an indicator appears on the main screen to indicate the need to start descaling.
The possibility of washing the various removable components in the dishwasher greatly facilitates maintenance, with the exception of the internal block which must be cleaned manually.
Finally, it should be noted that before and after each preparation, the machine performs automatic rinsing cycles to remove coffee residues.
If you are planning to invest in a high-performance automatic coffee machine, the Saeco HD8917/48 is a great choice. With its many features, customizable settings, and basic maintenance, I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that it should meet your expectations.