Are you looking for a new filter coffee maker? If so, you’ve probably heard of the Moccamaster Vs Bonavita models.
These two manufacturers market SCAA (Specialty Coffee Associate of American) certified coffee makers. This label of excellence means that their coffee makers meet optimum extraction times and brewing temperatures.
This article briefly introduces you to these two brands of coffee machines.
Which Technivorm Moccamaster Is The Best?
- Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 KBG || Moccamaster Vs Bonavita Reddit
- Technivorm Moccamaster 79112 KBT || Bonavita Connoisseur
- Technivorm 39340 CDT Grand 60 || Moccamaster Vs Breville
- Technivorm Cup-One Coffee Brewer || Bonavita Coffee Maker
- Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker || Moccamaster Vs Bonavita
- Bonavita Metropolitan One-Touch Coffee Brewer || Technivorm Moccamaster
- Bonavita Glass 8-Cup Coffee Brewer || Best New Coffee Makers
- Bonavita 5-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker || Best Hot Coffee Maker
Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 KBG
Technivorm Moccamaster 79112 KBT
Technivorm 39340 CDT Grand 60
Technivorm Cup-One Coffee Brewer
Originally from the Netherlands, Moccamaster markets 6 different coffee maker models with a range of customization options.
These options include:
- Size/capacity (from 1 to 2 individual cups to 15 office mugs)
- Jug material (glass or double-walled stainless steel)
- Drip stop
- Type of infuser (rectangular or cylindrical)
- Colors (there are plenty of them: from eccentric green to neutral gray).
These models come with a 5-year warranty and are generally very reliable. This reliability is the result of high-end materials. For those who are environmentally conscious, it is also interesting to note that Moccamaster only uses recyclable and biodegradable building materials.
The main disadvantage of these machines is their price. With models sold for more than $300, these prices are often prohibitive for small budgets.
Made in China and developed in Germany, Bonavita coffee makers are newer to the brewing scene.
When Bonavita marketed a semi-automatic filter coffee maker for half the price of their competitor, the model was dubbed the “Moccamaster Killer”. But can these cheaper machines really stand up to the already established Moccamaster ogre?
One of the most important selling points for Bonavita models is the pre-brew feature, which allows your grind to bloom upstream for optimum flavor. This is a feature that Moccamasters do not offer. Plus, the large shower head and U-shaped filter basket saturate the grind for an incredible cup of coffee.
On the other hand, these machines tend to be a bit more fragile. With a shorter warranty of 2 years, the heating elements are certainly less robust than the copper in Moccamasters.