There are espresso machines for all espresso lovers.
But for example, if you like to add a lot of sugar or milk, you may prefer to go for a not very expensive model since the final taste does not concern you so much. But if you want to drink a pure espresso, with a thousandth of a gram of sugar, and with nothing to reduce its intensity, then the high-end models are capable of giving you what you are looking for.
If you want the best of the best, then you will want to go for a super-automatic espresso machine.
These, to mention one feature, have a built-in coffee bean grinder. Can you smell the aroma of freshly ground coffee, followed by the smell of freshly brewed coffee? Hmmm… Besides you don’t have to lift a finger, it does it all for you. The best super automatic for me, after comparing over 13, is the De’Longhi Autentica Black.
Do yourself a favor. Buy it and you will have a coffee maker for life. For me, it is the best espresso machine for home.
The Best Espresso Coffee Machine For Excellent Coffee
- Super-Automãƒâ¡Ticas Cafeteras EA8150 || Espresso Coffee Machine
- KRUPS Automatic Coffee Machine || Best Machine For Espresso
- Delonghi Inissia Nespresso Black EN80B || Coffee Commercial Machine
- Delonghi EC685.R DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine Coffee Maker || Best Coffee Maker
1. Super-AutomÃƒÂ¡ticas Cafeteras EA8150
When I have read other comparisons of espresso machines, I was surprised to see that none recommended this Krups EA8150. It is a luxurious machine and the only one that has managed to make me fall in love every time it makes me a coffee. Easy to use but packed with features. Something that Krups has managed to do surpassing the rest of the competition.
As you will see, it is very similar to the model you just saw, but in this case, its price increases and so do the functionalities.
Things you will like about the Krups EA8150:
- It has everything you need. While other models fall short for the biggest coffee connoisseurs, this one has everything you need to make an espresso. From a built-in grinder to cup warmers or the possibility of being able to choose between several levels in things such as grind, temperature, or intensity.
- Integrated grinder. Of the most important thing in my opinion when we talk about express coffee machines. Being able to store and grind coffee beans to preserve the best possible flavor is essential in any self-respecting coffee maker. You can also choose between 3 grinding levels as well as the grinding cycle.
- Easy maintenance. As this can be a great investment for many people, we want it to last us in perfect condition as long as possible. In addition to being made with quality materials, it also includes internal cleaning programs or descaling reminders.
- Automatic steam function. Whether it is to heat water or milk and even to make infusions, its steam function is very useful and is one of the least messy. It also allows milk to froth.
2. KRUPS Automatic Coffee Machine
Then you will see the most expensive version of this model. Well, about $40 more expensive, but some things change. In this case, the Krups Roma EA8180 has a more manual and less modern front panel, but which more or less does the same.
My conclusion before going on to mention its characteristics is that if you want to save a few euros, instead of buying what I consider the third-best espresso machine, think about buying this one.
Things you will like about the Krups Roma EA8108:
- Value for money. Although for many people it sounds strange that something that costs over $250 is considered good value for the money, we must bear in mind that we are talking about the best espresso machines. That is, if you are looking for something cheap, it will not be the best. And in this case, for its price, it gives us much more than others that cost the same.
- Greater durability and speed. With the system that Krups has patented, the Compact Thermal Block, the coffee comes out much faster and hotter thanks to the ultra-fast heating of the water. This system also helps the coffee maker last longer by reducing its calcification.
- Integrated grinder. Since it is a super-automatic espresso machine, the coffee grinder could not be missing. Fill it with the beans of your favorite coffee and every time you want to make espresso, it will grind the necessary beans, impregnating your home with the smell of freshly ground coffee.
3. Delonghi Inissia Nespresso Black EN80B
In my house, there are two espresso machines. One of them appears in the top three in this guide, and the other is this one. For me, the Nespresso De’Longhi Inissia is the best espresso capsule coffee machine on the market. Small, fast, silent within what it fits and of quality.
And don’t be fooled, Nespresso has other capsule coffee machines that exceed $100, but why buy one of those if they are all the same? 19 bar pressure, same water tank, and the same functions. They only differ in style. I prefer this one that even makes less noise than the others. Plus it’s George Clooney’s coffee maker😉
Things you will like about Nespresso De’Longhi Inissia:
- Perfect for capsule coffee. Since capsule coffee machines have practically no effect on the taste of the final coffee, there is no need to go for the most expensive ones. It does the same job and for less.
- Coffee in less than 1 minute. As it only takes 20-25 seconds to heat up, and an additional 10 seconds to extract coffee from a capsule, you can have fresh coffee in your cup in less than 40 seconds.
- 0.8-liter tank. In a normal espresso machine this capacity would be quite short, but considering that we are talking about a capsule machine, it is quite good. For about 8 short coffees.
- Capsules included. Something that an espresso machine will not give you but one of Nespresso capsules are 16 free trial capsules. A good touch to try different types of coffee and be able to choose a favorite one.
4. Delonghi EC685.R DEDICA 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine Coffee Maker
This is the espresso machine that every person who is starting in the wonderful world of coffee needs. Easy to use, inexpensive, and hardly takes up space. For example, I have a more complete one, but I am sure that many people do not need more than a coffee maker as simple and with so few functions as this one.
Things you will like about De’Longhi Dedica:
- Easy to use. By telling you that you only have two options for preparing coffee, you can see that the first time you will know how to use it. You can choose between one or two cups, although if you want a long espresso choose the option of two cups but placing a long cup under the filter.
- For ground coffee and pods. One of the factors that have convinced me to include it in this list is that for people who are starting in the world of coffee it is perfect. Why? Not only can you use ground coffee, this coffee maker is one of the few that also allows you to use single-dose capsules to make preparation even easier and less cumbersome.
- With foamer. So you don’t have to buy one separately, it has a built-in milk frother. Once you have taken out the coffee, press the frother button to convert your espresso into a cappuccino.
What Can You Do With An Espresso Machine?
They might be an espresso lover without you knowing it. Many of the most popular drinks in coffee shops are made with espresso, so if you typically order one of the drinks listed below, you may want to buy an espresso machine.
If you have an espresso machine, you can prepare any of these types of coffees cheaply:
- Express. The normal espresso, as it comes out of the coffee maker without adding anything to the elderly.
- Macchiato. Your shot of espresso, but with a little steamed milk on top to add a little extra foam and soften the strong flavor.
- Cappuccino. Like a macchiato, but with extra milk. Cappuccino is one of the most popular ways to drink espresso and easy to make in your own home.
- Latte Similar. to a cappuccino, but with more milk and a thin layer of foam.
- Mocha. Like a cappuccino, but with chocolate for adults.
Those are the main types of coffee, but you can always add extra ingredients according to your taste. Like for example, cinnamon or whipped cream. Flavors like hazelnut, caramel, or mint. Even soy milk (although it doesn’t foam as well as regular milk).
Now that you know which are the best espresso machines in my opinion, I am going to explain everything you need to know about this type of coffee machine to be able to choose wisely.
7 Factors To Consider When Buying An Espresso Machine
What people look for in an espresso machine varies enough that you can come across a range of options on the market. When it comes to finding the perfect machine for you, here are some of the main features and factors that you should take into account.
1. Extra features to consider
The rest of the points in this section are things that you will want to take into account when buying an espresso machine. However, some models come equipped with extra functions that may persuade you to choose between one model or another. Some of them are:
- Integrated coffee grinder. Freshly ground coffee can make a big difference in the final taste. That is why having a grinder built into your coffee maker, in charge of grinding the coffee beans necessary to prepare a cup, is convenient. Some even let you choose the level of grind.
- Water filter. The quality of the water you use to fill your coffee maker is also a factor that influences the quality of the final flavor. That’s why an espresso machine with a water filter helps you ensure a good final flavor.
- Cup warmer. To prevent the coffee from cooling quickly in your cup, you’ll want to use the cup warmer that many models have built-in. They temper the cup helping to maintain the temperature of the coffee for longer.
- Programmable functions. Once you know how you want your espresso to come out, you can program your coffee maker to always prepare it in the same way. Amount of water, grain fineness … etc. Some can save settings for more than one person in case there are more coffee growers in your house.
- Skimmer. Most of these types of coffee makers have this extra feature/function. To prepare drinks like cappuccinos or lattes, you will need a frother to froth or heat the milk. Instead of buying one separately, it is more convenient if your coffee maker already has one.
- Water tank. Normally the water tank will arrive to prepare 8 long espressos before having to refill it. I recommend that you look for models with at least 1 liter of capacity in case you are going to make several a day.
2. Ease of use
As you have read in the different descriptions of espresso machines, a great differentiator is how easy and convenient they are to use. If you want a machine where most of the process is automated, you can easily find one.
If convenience is your top priority, look for an espresso machine that falls between one of the most automated and with programmable features. Make sure you find all the buttons and functions of the machine intuitive before purchasing.
3. Ease of cleaning
If you end up buying a model that is easy to use but almost impossible to clean, then it won’t be as convenient as you thought. Make sure you know everything it takes to clean such a coffee maker so you know what it should look like. The more features and components you have, the longer it will take to clean.
4. Your preferences
We’ve already talked about the different factors that can influence the flavor of espresso, but to be honest, we haven’t even gotten to the surface of the topic yet. Many people have their opinions in this section.
If this is your first time preparing this type of coffee in your own home, the truth is that you don’t have to worry about the details. Or if you prefer cappuccinos in which the flavor of the espresso does not have too much weight, especially if we compare it with taking it alone, it may be enough for you with the espresso made with any coffee maker that you find.
If you are really concerned about taste, then there are several things to consider. For example, how many bars of pressure the coffee maker has (the more the better), if it uses steam to make the espresso (I don’t recommend it), and the temperature at which the coffee is made.
Many of the high-end models come with an extended warranty. But another way to ensure its durability is the quality of the materials with which it has been manufactured. The normal thing is that the most prestigious brands are synonymous with quality, and that is why people trust them more. I do the same.
Also keep in mind that the more automated your coffee maker, the more likely it will need repairs or replacements on its parts over the years. But at least you know that by changing a piece you still have a coffee maker for years.
Some of these coffee makers can be quite large in size. If you have a kitchen with limited space (the most common), it may be difficult to find a space without having to remove any other appliance.
7. After-sales service
Although most are made to last, it is normal that over time you need to contact the manufacturer to change some of their parts. That is why more than a brand that nobody knows or without much presence in your country, you will want to buy from a well-known manufacturer. It will be much easier for you to get in touch with him and it is very likely that they will have the piece you are looking for even years later.
How Much Does An Espresso Machine Cost?
The price range of these types of coffee makers is huge and there are many factors that can make a difference, so generalizing is almost impossible. For example, in high-end models, you are paying higher for the durability and quality of materials.
In other models, the price may be determined by the number of functions and features they have. Sometimes you pay for ease of use, other times for coffee that tastes better but takes longer to brew.
If you are very concerned about the final flavor and how quickly it comes out, an expensive espresso machine will be worth it. If you are not very concerned about ease of use and you are satisfied with any caffeinated drink (or you accompany it with a lot of sugar and milk) then a cheaper model will do.