Positioned in the pod coffee market, Tassimo offers machines using specific hard plastic capsules called T-Discs. A Tassimo coffee machine can brew many beverages such as coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino, and many more. This article will introduce you to a selection of 5 Tbest tasting coffee maker and tell you everything you need to know about these coffee machines.
Which Is The Best Tasting Coffee Machine?
- Theo Klein – Bosch Tassimo Coffee Maker || Best Coffee Makers
- Tassimo Bosch T12 Vivy Coffee Machine || Best Tasting Coffee Maker
- Bosch Tassimo Hot Beverage System Silver || Best Coffee Machine
- Nestle Capsule Type Coffee Maker || Best Coffee Maker In The World
- NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine || Best Coffee Maker Under $100
1. Theo Klein – Bosch Tassimo Coffee Maker
The Tassimo Joy, marketed by Bosch, is a pod machine a little more expensive than its cousins. It has indeed featured unique to this model. Although compact, this coffee maker is equipped with a water tank with a large capacity of 1.4 liters. Particularly practical, the reservoir is easy to remove. The coffee maker uses a water filtration system called “Brita Maxtra”, which removes trace elements and lime from the water. In addition, the preparation of drinks is fully automated (default) and started with a button.
After a very short heat-up time, “IntelliBrew” barcode recognition technology prepares all beverages with the right amount of water, the right temperature, and the right brewing time. If the Tassimo Joy is an automatic coffee maker, it still allows you to personalize drinks. For example, you can choose from 3 selection levels to adjust the temperature, coffee strength, and beverage volume. In addition, a “memory preferences” function allows you to save your personalized drinks. As a bonus, the “manual mode” allows you to adjust the length of the cup: longer or shorter.
Thanks to the adjustable cup holder (even completely removable), the coffee machine adapts to all types of cups, glasses, and mugs. As a bonus, the Tassimo Joy does not consume much electricity. It automatically shuts off after 90 seconds of inactivity. In terms of maintenance, cleaning is very easy. A cleaning program and an automatic descaling function can be started at any time. In addition, the removable parts are dishwasher safe.
Finally, be aware that the coffee maker is available in several colors to choose from.
2. Tassimo Bosch T12 Vivy Coffee Machine
As tall as 3 apples and measuring only 21 cm wide, the Tassimo Vivy 2, marketed by Bosch, easily finds its place in all kitchens, even the most crowded! Very pretty, it comes in several colors: lacquered black, candy pink, polar white, red, authentic black, fresh blue, lemon yellow.
The coffee maker automatically brews drinks at the touch of a button. On each pod is a barcode with information on the amount of water, brewing time, and the precise temperature needed to make the perfect drink. The machine reads the barcode on the pod and brews each cup as it should.
Equipped with a removable water tank with a capacity of 0.7 liters, the Vivy 2 uses a technology called “Thermoflux” to heat the water. The preheating time of the coffee maker is thus very fast. You can prepare a drink in the blink of an eye. You can choose from over 40 drinks including coffee, espresso, creme coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato, hot chocolate, or a selection of teas.
Although the Vivy 2 is automatic, it is nevertheless possible to personalize the drinks thanks to the manual mode: longer or shorter. Also, note that systematic steam cleaning is carried out between each drink to guarantee an authentic taste. In addition, the height of the cup holder adapts to the size of the cup (small, medium, or large). For very large cups, the holder can be completely removed. In terms of electricity consumption, the standby mode activates automatically after each preparation to ensure energy savings.
Finally, the coffee machine is easy to clean thanks to the automatic cleaning and descaling programs. A red light informs you when descaling is necessary.
3. Bosch Tassimo Hot Beverage System Silver
The Tassimo Fidelia, marketed by Bosch, is one of the first pod coffee machines to appear in the Tassimo range. More basic than its cousins, it has only one button surrounded by several indicator lights. Its water tank with a capacity of 2 liters makes it possible to prepare about twenty drinks.
Although more archaic, the Tassimo Fidelia offers a certain flexibility in the personalization of drinks: either in automatic mode or in personalized mode. The automatic mode uses Tassimo pods and adapts the temperature, amount of water, and speed of extraction, according to the barcode of the pod.
As for the manual mode, it allows you to adjust the amount of water. It is thus possible to spice up or sweeten your drink as you wish. Note that it takes 30 seconds for preheating and about 90 seconds in total for a lungo-type coffee. On the maintenance side, the removable parts can go in the dishwasher, except the tank. In addition, an indicator light comes on when the time has come to descale the coffee maker.
4. Nestle Capsule Type Coffee Maker
With its assertive curves, the Lumio is a coffee maker with neat finishes. It is compatible with all Dolce Gusto capsules. Easy to use, its tank with a capacity of one liter gives you the possibility to choose from 7 drink lengths. You can personalize all your drinks to suit your taste. In addition, the XL function makes it possible to prepare Americanos with a length of 300 ml.
The capsule holder is more solid than on other models. The capsule fits inside and the capsule holder closes on top. This prevents splashing and guarantees better hygiene. In addition, it can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
In addition, the coffee maker has an “automatic shutdown” function which puts the machine in standby after use.
5. NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
With its compact size and sober look, the Mini ME allows you to prepare all Dolce Gusto compatible capsules in a few seconds. Equipped with an easy-to-fill 0.8-liter water tank, this coffee maker allows you to customize the length of the drinks thanks to a function called “play and select”.
This machine is perfect to satisfy all the taste buds of a family, adults can quickly prepare an excellent coffee or delicious tea. Children can enjoy excellent gourmet drinks such as cappuccinos or chocolate drinks.
In addition, it has an adjustable cup rest that allows you to adjust the height to avoid splashing.
What Are The Advantages Of A Tassimo Coffee Maker?
Tassimo coffee makers have 4 main advantages:
- They are sold at very affordable prices and offer a very attractive price/quality ratio.
- They are manufactured by Bosch, which is a manufacturer of household appliances with a solid reputation. Tassimo Bosch best-tasting coffee maker are reliable, sturdy, and do not require a lot of maintenance.
- The range of pods is very wide and offers a large choice of varieties: espresso, cappuccino, latte macchiato, lungo, caramel, chocolate or vanilla drinks, and even teas (more details in my complete guide to Tassimo pods ).
- Very easy to use. The preparation of drinks is childishly simple.
Is A Tassimo Coffee Maker Easy To Use?
A Tassimo coffee maker is very easy to use. Once the reservoir is full of water, place your cup on the cup holder, insert the chosen pod into the machine and press the button to start preparation!
How Do I Descale A Tassimo Coffee Maker?
Descaling takes approximately 30 minutes, although the time may vary depending on the model of your Tassimo machine.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Fill the water tank and add 2 descaling tablets
- Make sure the lozenges are completely dissolved.
- Take the machine maintenance T-Disc.
- Place the water tank in the machine.
- Open the brewing system (where you place your best tasting coffee makers pod).
- Place the maintenance disc with the barcode facing down and close the brewing system.
- Place a container with a capacity of at least 500 ml where you normally place your cup.
- Press the button for 5 seconds. The descaling program runs automatically and lasts approximately 30 minutes. When finished, the orange light will turn on.
- Empty the container containing the descaling liquid and put it back where you usually put the cup.
- Rinse and clean the water tank to remove all traces of the descaling solution.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water up to the maximum mark and place it back in the machine.
- Briefly press the On / Off button to start the rinse cycle.
- When the rinsing process is complete, empty the container and place it back under the outlet nozzle.
- Repeat the rinsing process (filling the tank and starting the cycle) 3 to 4 times to ensure that the descaling solution is completely drained from the machine.
- Open the brewing system, remove the maintenance T-Disc, and place it back in the appliance storage compartment.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water to the maximum mark, and place it back in your coffee maker.